Radical ERP Implementation Controls - The Benefits
When the implementation control techniques described in this website are used by a team with proper talent and capacity, the following results can be achieved. This is in stark contrast to typical ERP implementations.
Improved ERP implementation execution
- Cost savings realized by avoiding inefficiently applied consulting time.
- Reduced project duration allows system benefits to be realized earlier.
- Internal ERP project team members face fewer demands and less stress.
- ERP implementation project risk is significantly contained.
Business processes better supported across the enterprise
- ERP process support is more comprehensive and resilient to backsliding as hundreds of stand-alone spreadsheets, paper forms, and point applications are fully or partially retired.
- ERP workflow tools formalize and preserve “tribal knowledge” in business processes.
- Enterprise business process standardization with appropriate business unit flexibility.
- Improved collaboration among departments, employees, and business partners due to effective use of ERP workflow tools.
Better ERP process metrics/reporting achieved
- Increased options for and confidence in metrics based on improved data validation and business process execution rules.
- Better stand-alone process support and metric tools being retired improving the quality of, and options for, ERP based metrics.
- More thorough use of exception-based metrics (e.g. dashboards).
Longer-term and strategic benefits of the EAI implementation control process and the well-implemented ERP are:
- Establishing a solid framework to support continuous ERP improvement efforts after going live.
- Increased ability to respond to opportunities and market challenges.
- Improved customer satisfaction and the resulting positive effect on sales.
- Efficient and effective workflow to increase employee productivity and reduces stress.
- Reduced risk of competitors achieving these types of superior results first.
ERP Selection – Cornell Pump
Negotiating ERP costs is complicated and the ERP software vendors take advantage of the buyer’s lack of experience. SoftSelect’s experience and influence helped us level the playing field. We clearly saved money and lowered our long term risk.
ERP Selection – Leupold & Stevens
Long term ERP license costs were initially very difficult to calculate. Working with SoftSelect we were able to insist on a predicable ERP license fee approach and achieve much lower initial and ongoing license fee costs.
ERP Selection – Provo Craft
SoftSelect was a great partner throughout the process of choosing an ERP solution. They helped us control the terms throughout the ERP buying process, and we achieved impressive results in reduced ERP license fees. Having an experienced partner like SoftSelect, helped us negotiate for the products we need and set our expectations for the process of implementing these solutions.