Radical ERP Implementation Controls - The Benefits
The following list shows results when the implementation control techniques described in this document are used—which stand in stark contrast to typical ERP implementations.
Improved ERP implementation execution
- Cost savings realized by greatly reducing inefficiently applied consulting time.
- Reduced project duration allowing system benefits to be realized earlier.
- Internal project team members face fewer demands and less stress.
- Overall, ERP implementation project risk is significantly contained.
Business processes better supported across the enterprise
- ERP process support is more comprehensive and resilient to backsliding, as hundreds of stand-alone spreadsheets, paper forms, and point applications are fully or partially retired.
- ERP workflow tools formalize "tribal knowledge" in business processes.
- Enterprise process standardization with appropriate business unit flexibility.
- Improved collaboration among departments, employees, and business partners due to effective use of ERP workflow tools, in contrast to most ERP implementations which are highly subject to 'interruption-based' collaboration, (e.g. emails, phone calls, personal visits).
Better ERP process metrics/reporting achieved
- Increased options for and confidence in metrics based upon improved data validation and business process execution rules.
- Methods accelerate the retirement of stand-alone support and reporting tools, improving the quality of and options for ERP based metrics.
- Effective use of exception-based scans and visual metrics (e.g. dashboards).
Longer-term and strategic benefits of the EAI implementation control process and the well-implemented ERP are:
- Establishing a solid framework to support continuous ERP improvement efforts after going live.
- Increased ability to respond to opportunities and market challenges.
- Increased customer satisfaction and the resulting positive effect on sales.
- Efficient and effective workflow increases employee productivity and reduces stress.
- Reduced risk of competitors achieving these types of superior results first.
Negotiating ERP costs is complicated and the ERP software vendors take advantage of the buyer’s lack of experience. SoftSelect’s experience and influence helped us level the playing field. We clearly saved money and lowered our long term risk.
Long term ERP license costs were initially very difficult to calculate. Working with SoftSelect we were able to insist on a predicable ERP license fee approach and achieve much lower initial and ongoing license fee costs.
SoftSelect was a great partner throughout the process of choosing an ERP solution. They helped us control the terms throughout the ERP buying process, and we achieved impressive results in reduced ERP license fees. Having an experienced partner like SoftSelect, helped us negotiate for the products we need and set our expectations for the process of implementing these solutions.