ERP Selection Process Deliverables
The following are typical physical deliverables of the SoftSelect ERP selection services:
- ERP selection training: SoftSelect ERP selection methodology documentation, methodology and tool usage webinars, and other training as noted in proposal.
- Enterprise software strategy and ERP boundary diagram: The selection of a new ERP must be done in the context of how enterprise business processes are designed and supported by various business applications. The ERP boundary diagram is the key deliverable to demonstrate the selection team’s estimate of what portions of overall company business processes are expected to be controlled by ERP software. This diagram is also used to help determine what ERP modules and other business applications are necessary for your company's ERP replacement project.
- ERP candidate Long-List: ERP software candidate Long-list with standard research details and detailed verbal insight to support the list. The list may include relevant pure-play cloud ERP offerings.
- ERP reseller evaluation matrix: Many ERP software are sold through a network of resellers that also offer ERP implementation services. The factors that help locate the better reseller of an ERP for a particular buyer are: (1) Experience in the industry and size of the prospective buyer, (2) Effective consultant bench to have reasonable resource availability, (3) Ability to help the ERP seller be creative and motivated to meet the SoftSelect ERP access cost and terms objectives, (4) Implementation approach that is flexible to adapt to a buyer that wants to firmly control the implementation.
- Strategic and business area discovery: Results of the phase-1 business process interviews are organized by business process categories (BPCs), sub-BPCs, and then topics. Based on the SoftSelect ERP business process interview focus, this information emphasizes: (1) improvement ideas, (2) statements of current problems, and (3) processes that are unusual and may require more care in ERP selection and implementation preparation. This information can be further developed during the pre-implementation readiness work for ultimate use in the implementation.
- Key functionality objectives for ERP: List of your company’s business process support priorities (also called High-level differentiators - HLDs) that are first used to narrow the ERP Long-list to a Short-list. They are also influential in detailed review of finalist ERP candidates.
- Long-List software candidate performance: Phase-2 performance reports showing how each long list candidate met your company's selection screening factors to do with (1) process support functionality, (2) strength of ERP system tools, (3) projected software costs, (4) status of contracts, (5) implementation strength, (6) ERP seller viability, and potentially other screening factors.
- ERP access cost control tools: ERP access financial models and documented best practices and instructions that breakdown ERP access into discrete parts for which value and proposed costs can be more effectively discussed. These items are designed to streamline and clarify the discussion of ERP access costs and terms with candidate software vendors. This clears confusion and obstacles and improve the results achieved.
- ERP demonstration planning structure: ERP demonstration presentation structure and highly tested procedures and guidance to prepare finalist software vendors to deliver relevant and accurate information to the ERP selection team.
- ERP Implementation service cost and terms control process: ERP implementation financial model based on years of ERP implementation cost control work at EAI and ERP services screening best practices and instructions. These items streamline the discussion of service costs and terms with candidate implementation service providers and improve the results achieved.
- Commercial terms to access and use ERP: Marked-up contracts for the two finalists ERP vendors showing original changes and additions that are sought in a final version of the contract—whether contracts for ERP licenses/maintenance or subscription.
- ERP implementation services contracts: Marked-up contracts for the two finalists ERP implementers showing original changes and additions that are sought in a final version of the contract.
- ERP project cash flow plan: Financial model that comprehensively projects when cash is estimated to be needed to pay for ERP software access, infrastructure, services, and other costs to reach a go-live event with new ERP.
In addition to the physical deliverables, the main purpose and value of our selection services is related to:
- Protecting project momentum
- Lowering the stress on the company's ERP selection team members
- Greatly lowering ERP license/maintenance or subscription costs
- Significantly improving long-term commercial relationship control with extensive contract fixes
- Improving the overall confidence in selection decisions—and a positive impact to implementation confidence
The key results of SoftSelect ERP selection assistance for our clients are:
Lowered risks and barriers to top-level ERP project success
Effective use of your team's valuable capacity
Favorable price and terms for software—often 50% savings
Project momentum is easily maintained
High selection confidence
Improved implementation readiness
SoftSelect was a great partner throughout the process of choosing an ERP solution. They helped us control the terms throughout the ERP buying process, and we achieved impressive results in reduced ERP license fees. Having an experienced partner like SoftSelect, helped us negotiate for the products we need and set our expectations for the process of implementing these solutions.
Negotiating ERP costs is complicated and the ERP software vendors take advantage of the buyer’s lack of experience. SoftSelect’s experience and influence helped us level the playing field. We clearly saved money and lowered our long term risk.
Long term ERP license costs were initially very difficult to calculate. Working with SoftSelect we were able to insist on a predicable ERP license fee approach and achieve much lower initial and ongoing license fee costs.