ERP Selection Process Deliverables
The following are typical physical deliverables of the SoftSelect ERP selection services:
- ERP selection methods training: EAI-SoftSelect ERP selection methodology documentation, methodology and tool usage webinars, and other training as noted in this proposal.
- Enterprise software strategy and ERP boundary diagram: The selection of a new ERP must be done in the context of how enterprise business processes are designed and supported by various business applications. The ERP boundary diagram is the key deliverable to demonstrate the selection team’s estimate of what portions of overall company business processes are expected to be controlled by ERP software. This diagram is also used to help determine what ERP modules and other business applications are necessary for your company’s ERP replacement project and empowers cost negotiating activities.
- ERP candidate Long-List: ERP software candidate Long-list with standard research details, cloud access options, and detailed verbal insight to support the list.
- ERP reseller evaluation matrix: Based on the ERP buyer’s size, many ERP applications are sold through a network of independent resellers that also offer ERP implementation services. Therefore it is important to select a strong reseller. The ERP reseller evaluation matrix lists important screening factors and reseller results for any candidate ERP using resellers.
- Strategic and business process area discovery: Results of the business process interviews are organized by business process categories (BPCs) and then topics. Based on the business process interview focus, this discovery emphasizes business processes that are considered ‘not routine’ for the class of ERP under review and that may require more care in ERP selection and implementation preparation. This information can be further developed during the pre-implementation readiness work for ultimate use in the implementation.
- Key functionality objectives for ERP: List of your company's business process support priorities (also called High-level differentiators - HLDs) that are used to narrow the ERP Long-list to a Short-list and the demonstration events for the Short-list.
- Long-List software candidate performance: Phase-2 performance reports showing how each long list candidate met your company's selection screening factors to do with (1) functionality, (2) ERP system tools, (3) effort required to reach proper ERP access cost and terms, (4) ERP seller viability, and potentially other screening factors.
- ERP access cost control plan: The EAI-SoftSelect ERP access financial models and comprehensive documented instructions enable a breakdown of ERP access into discrete parts for which value and proposed initial and ongoing costs can be effectively discussed. This plan greatly enables excellent results to be achieved.
- ERP demonstration plan: The EAI-SoftSelect ERP tools and methods are highly vetted and produce an ERP demonstration plan that helps the finalist ERP sellers deliver relevant and accurate information to your company's ERP selection team.
- Excellent ERP access commercial terms: Completed contracts including the marked-up original contracts for the two finalist ERP vendors showing original changes and additions that are sought in a final version of the contract—whether they be contracts for ERP licenses/maintenance or subscription.
- ERP Implementation service cost and terms control plan: ERP implementation financial model based on years of ERP implementation cost control work at EAI and ERP services screening best practices and instructions. These items streamline the discussion of service costs and related terms with candidate implementation service providers and improve the results achieved.
- ERP implementation services contracts: Marked-up contracts for the two finalists ERP implementers showing original changes and additions that are sought in a final version of the contract.
- ERP project cash flow plan: Financial model that comprehensively projects when estimated cash will be needed to pay for ERP software access, infrastructure, services, and other costs to reach a go-live event with new ERP and continue to improve the ERP.
In addition to the physical deliverables, ‘intangible deliverables’ are intended to hold as much value. These are generally described as:
- Protecting project momentum
- Lowering the stress on the company's ERP selection team members
- Greatly lowering ERP license/maintenance or subscription costs
- Significantly improving long-term commercial relationship control with extensive contract fixes
- Improving the overall confidence in selection decisions—and a positive impact to implementation confidence
The key results of SoftSelect ERP selection assistance for our clients are:
Lowered risks and barriers to top-level ERP project success
Effective use of your team's valuable capacity
Favorable price and terms for software—often 50% savings
Project momentum is easily maintained
High selection confidence
Improved implementation readiness
SoftSelect was a great partner throughout the process of choosing an ERP solution. They helped us control the terms throughout the ERP buying process, and we achieved impressive results in reduced ERP license fees. Having an experienced partner like SoftSelect, helped us negotiate for the products we need and set our expectations for the process of implementing these solutions.
Long term ERP license costs were initially very difficult to calculate. Working with SoftSelect we were able to insist on a predicable ERP license fee approach and achieve much lower initial and ongoing license fee costs.
Negotiating ERP costs is complicated and the ERP software vendors take advantage of the buyer’s lack of experience. SoftSelect’s experience and influence helped us level the playing field. We clearly saved money and lowered our long term risk.